Joomfish Translation Procedures
Examples made using the Croatian language and an article titled Meeting Times:
- Create an article(s) in English
- Go to Components → Joom!Fish → Translation
- In the Languages drop-down box, select Crotian(HR) (1)
This is the language you are translating to.
- In the Content elements drop-down box, select Contents to show the available articles. (2)
If the article is under a category, first select the category from the category filter drop-down box. (3)
- From the list of contents (articles), click on the article to be translated.
In the Lable Title, Translation field, enter the translation for Meeting Times. (1)
- You do not need to fill in the alias.
- Do not change the Crotian Language. (2)
- Remember to check the Published check box. (3)
Enter the translation in the translation area as seen:
Note: If the article is under a Section/Category and you are using the Read more feature after the first line of the article, then you will only see the first line of the English text in the "Label: Introtext" area. (1)
Below that, in the "Label: Fulltext" area (2), you will see the rest of the text as seen here.
The rest of the areas below this section can be left blank except for the Label Attributes area. Probably the only thing you would change is to either Show or Hide the Article Title.
If you selected No in the English Article, then it will also show No in the Translation area on the right as shown below:.
To Translate Other Items Like Menus (Menus will be the most used):
- In the Content elements drop-down box, select Menus. (1)
- In the Menu Filter drop-down box, select Menu. (2)
- From the menu list, open the menu item. (3)
- From here, all you need to enter is the Title translation (4)
You can leave the alias blank.